GERMANY (business visas only)
You will need the following for every visa application:
1) Valid at least three months from when you return to UK;
2) In good condition;
3) Must have at least two clear unmarked visa pages.
Variable, please allow a minimum of 7 working days. An appointment with the consulate can only be scheduled once we have received your documents. Please note it may take longer during busy periods.
UK Leave to remain
1) Must have been originally granted leave for more than six months;
2) You must have a minimum of three months leave left when you return to the UK;
3) Leave to Remain MUST BE stamped in Passport.
Applications must be submitted in person at the consulate.
1) Travel Itinerary
2) Recent, original letter from employer, stating how long you have been employed, job title and position, dates of travel and who bears the expenses for your trip. Include information of your travel insurance such as the start and expiry dates and insurance company name.
3) Invitation letter from Germany must be signed and dated within the last month. It must include the purpose and dates of trip.
Fax or original only;
4) Application form signed twice;
5) Two passport photos, with a light background;
6) Travel insurance. Documents must include name; region covered (world wide, Europe); duration of cover and details of what medical costs are covered. It must also specify that repatriation, in the event of injury or death, is included.
If you are covered by your employer’s corporate policy, these details must be included on the business letter.
Exceptions to above
Temporary / Child South African Passports; Only limited visas may be issued into these documents. Please contact Passport Services for details.
Married to EEA citizens, please contact Passport Services for details.
Nationality: Some Nationals' applications are referred to Berlin for consideration and thus will take a number of weeks. This includes:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Belarus, Burundi, China (Public Affairs passport holders only), Colombia, DR Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Surinam, Syria, UAE, Vietnam, Yemen & Zimbabwe.